Friday 8 November 2019

Today is my Birthday, it’s almost the weekend and the sun is shining.


Today is my Birthday, it’s almost the weekend and the sun is shining. Most of that sentence is true the rest is just wishful thinking.
I am pleased to say that I received a number of presents, not least of which, is a sink plunger.
It did come wrapped in paper with a bow so it was definitely a present. There is not much else to say is there. I can’t claim to be disappointed, because it’s quite outside my realm of expectation. Perhaps it’s a magic sink plunger and the secret portal to a better life. I have yet to discover it’s secrets. At the moment it looks remarkably like the cheap plastic kind so beloved of Chinese bazaars and pound shops. Here is a photo and a promise that I will let you know if it develops the much hoped for magical qualities.



To celebrate the day, I have made 'The Book Of Herbal Medicine' available for pre-order. It is the second book in the Treasure of Saint Bee series.
The setting is a second-hand book shop. I just love those places, the dusty, damp papery smell of old books. The endless shelves of wonder and delight. I especially like the kind with armchairs in odd corners and coffee, and rooms that go on forever. Writing the book was easy just because I was describing something that I would love to have done in another life. It will be available to buy in early December by which time the paperback should also be ready.
Find it here in the USA. The UK. Spain

The Silver Chalice is also on special offer in the UK and America 99p or 99c respectively. It will be that price few a day’s before it creeps up to its normal price.


Find it here in the USA. UK



I am off now to make a shopping list. I also received two cookbooks for my birthday, my favourite presents by far. I want to cook a weekend recipe from each book so a couple of hours slowly checking out all the possibilities is the next task on today’s list, so much hard work.

Have a nice weekend.


2 comments:

  1. So who bought the plunger? Or was it one of those mysterious presents that just appear and therefore must be magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No label on the parcel, hence the assumption that it is a magic plunger. I might keep it on my desk to see if it improves my writing.

    ReplyDelete

What am I doing Wednesday. Editing and Carnival

Editing. That one-word answer to ‘What I am I doing’? is all you need to know. Except to say that I find talking about editing about as e...